Friday, April 4, 2008

Potty Training

We're doing it. Potty training Shadwic. It started last week with a diaper rash. I thought he should go without a diaper for a little bit. Once I did that, I thought..you know what?? Let's go cold turkey and see how it goes. So no diaper..just underwear. He had a couple accidents the first few days..but now I think we're going on day 3 or 4 of NO pee accidents!!! He even held it thru the night the other night!!! Woke up and peed right away. I'm impressed to say the least. Poop...now that's another story. After a few accidents, I guess he decided pooping in general was not a good idea. He's really, really scared to poop on the potty, and he doesn't want to make a mess in his pants ( he hates that!) SO finally, last night he said he needed us to change him..and there was nothing. This went on until we told him it was OK to poop in his diaper. He promptly did. So I guess we're half way there. We're going to keep on trying, but it seems like he's got half down great!!! We're so proud :-)

3 comments:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

I've heard somewhere that kids are scared of the potty and there are things you can do, but I don't remember the whole story on it. Google scared to potty, I guess it's pretty common. :)

But congrats on the no pee! :D YEAH!!

See ya Monday!!

Dale and Sharon said...

Wow, Shad is growing up way too fast. How nice for you both only to have to change one diaper. I would not worry about the "poopy" thing. It is normal for that to come later. He will do it when he is ready and that will be sooner than you think. I sure love these blogs. It give us the opportunity to know more what is happening in your lives and how the kids are growing. We sure miss you all. Love Sharon

LindsayK8 said...

you are brave! i'm scared of potty training jack and am putting if off until summer time. hopefully he'll be ready by then and won't but up too much of a fight- he's a little stinker though so who knows. :)